LightBlog

Interview with Ana Laura Part 3

The comfort of the opening song gives way to the in-your-face thankfulness presented in "Water," an upbeat, groove-laded track destined to be blared from teenagers' car stereos across the country, much like other up tempo songs such as "Sometimes I Fall" and "No More," which features Ana Laura's first credit as a songwriter.

Through the process of developing Ana Laura's 10 tracks, the young Texan found her own horizons changing and shifting, a growth reflected both musically and lyrically. "My tastes have changed a lot. I've been opened up to so many different kinds of music. I don't have to stick to just ballads or up tempo songs, I can do a wide variety of music, which is fun when you're doing a concert and you don't want to be rocking them to death or singing them to sleep," she says. "My classical training plays into it a lot as well. I love classical music, I love opera, but I still like the hard rockin' stuff as well. I like Latin music and its various genres, and I love American music. It was really exciting to bring all of these musical loves into one album."

But it's the broader, deeper context of her impending entrance into the world of music that has Ana Laura contemplating her role the most. She embraces the idea of being a role model, not only for young adults her age but also of classic pop music that many generations enjoy.

Ana Laura knows the opportunities for leadership that are there, and she relishes that chance. "I don't want to be a shallow leader," she says. "Not only do I want to back my words up with my actions, but I also want to be well versed in them. I definitely think you need to be engaged in the word constantly, and not just the Bible, but also commentaries and other analysis, even children's educational things like Adventures In Odyssey. I love it when Whit teaches me a lesson!
Compartir en Google Plus

Acerca de Todo Adventista Techs

Nos encanta escribir y informar a las personas de nuestra comunidad cristiana-adventista sobre lo que esta pasando en nuestra iglesia, ademas de tambien dar recursos para el crecimiento espiritual de nuestros lectores. Esperamos que la informacion que compartimos en este blog, sea de bendicion para todos ustedes. -Todo Adventista Techs

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario